Thursday, April 29, 2010

Almost done...or am I?

I haven't posted much. Not much has happened, but I think I should have stayed in the habit. I apologize. Biology lecture hasn't gotten much better. The slides are still practically useless. The content has become more interesting as we have focused on specific body systems and the microorganisms that affect each. Labs have been interesting. We've done skin samples, throat swabs, urine samples and anal swabs. You read that correctly.

I've really enjoyed learning the diseases. There are so many that I forget them. I hate that I forget.

I have my lab final tomorrow and my lecture final next Friday.

I find out the first week of June if I made it into the nursing program. If you've read my blog before, you know that I have lost 20 points because of the two B+'s I transferred in from USI. If I don't make it in, it is because of those grades. If I retook one of those courses and earned the 10 points back, I would get into the program easily. I was told by someone on the inside that my score was most likely enough and to not worry about the two bad grades. However, in case I don't get in, I will need to retake a class this summer. If I wait until fall it will be too late to get in to the program in spring. It would have to be this summer. So I already registered for an online English class. I just wanted to make sure that if I needed to, I would be in an online course in time for the semester to start, which is June 7th. I can always drop the class last minute if I get an acceptance letter just before.

I'll let you know my final grade when I get it.

No comments: