My 5 week classes have officially ended. That last week was a doozy. All the work paid off, though. I managed to ace my Fundamentals lecture final and get an A in the class. Two weeks into that class I was certain I would only get a B. I was just starting to get the hang of that class and now it's over. Don't get me wrong. I will not miss 3 days of 3 hour long lectures in a row with a test each week.
I also got an A in Fundamentals Lab. It was a low A and I should be happy but I'm not because it should have been a breeze. I stunk at the weekly quizzes (Spell check tells me there are 2 z's in quizzes. I did not know that at the time, but it makes sense.) Each quiz had 10 questions and I always read the chapters ahead of time but I still managed to miss one or two on each. Whatever. It's done.
I am still in Pharmacology. I got an A on the last test so I do have an A in the class. However, I still have many more tests this semester, including one this week (week 7).
I have one week of Med-Surg lecture and lab done. I don't know how I feel about the lecture other than being glad it's only once a week. Lab is going to be interesting. The skills have stepped up a bit and my instructor is not intimidating as long as you pay attention to her...and I will. The quizzes are only 5 points and, true to form, I missed one on the first quiz. That's a stinking C. What is it about nursing questions? They're not normal. And we were already told they don't give A's in this lab. That's encouraging. If they only give B's, maybe I'll only do the work for a B. Nah, I'll still work my butt off for an A and then feel suicidal when I get that B. I guess it's good to know early on.
I also have a week of clinicals done. This semester I am at a long term care facility (nursing home). Thanks to HIPAA regulations, I won't be writing much about my experiences. This past week I basically followed a CNA around trying to help out and learn from what she did. It was a bit chaotic and depressing. I'm looking forward to having a partner and focusing on one resident so I can get a better feel for the entire process. Each week I should have a new resident and probably new CNA's to work with so by the end I will have wide range of experiences.
Wow. This semester is flying by. (Sarcasm is lost in type.)
1 comment:
Nice post! i really like you way of describing! keep it up!
outlast blanket best price
Post a Comment