My plan was to start studying for the next test on Monday afternoon. I had no idea my life was about to change forever. My beautiful mother passed away Monday morning.
Needless to say, I did not study for my test and I did not go to class Friday. Dr. Murphy was very helpful. She sent the test to the workforce training center and said I could take it anytime this week. She also arranged with Pam Puckett for me to attend lab on Saturday.
I went to that Saturday lab. It sucked. We had to run some experiments in pairs based on where we were sitting. After getting the instructions, I went to my "partner" and introduced myself. She said, "Okay, I've taken 102 before so I'm just going to make sure it's the same as last time and just copy it." She didn't even tell me her name. So I started the experiment on my own. I had to wait a long time in line just to get to the table with the stuff I needed. While in line, I saw the lady flipping through my notes. Some other people doing the same experiment as me decided to do it where I had been sitting (but was now waiting in line) and they left the stuff right there. So as soon as they got done I was able to have my spot back and get started. What's funny is that my no-name "partner" decided to work with those other people. She basically blew me off because she didn't know me and went to another pair to work as a threesome while I worked alone. I waited the allotted 30 minutes for the results only to be reminded by Pam that we were not supposed to use the original stuff but the new stuff. I had used the old stuff because that was what the other people had left for me. I had totally screwed up and wasted all that time. Pam said we had to time to start over but I was upset and fighting some emotions so I just left. I got the info I needed, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.
I'm planning on taking last week's test this Friday morning before class. My friends, the 4, said that this test lines up a lot more with what we talked about in class. There are also 5 bonus questions, thanks to Michelle having the guts to ask for them. Michelle also mentioned that in Friday's class they finally discussed the last test. Apparently two questions were wrong so everybody got an extra four points. That puts my grade at a 112, which is an A. It's not a 125, but it will do.
1 comment:
Laura
Just read portions of your blog. I feel famous. I am a fan! It must be so cathartic to write it all out. What a great idea! So glad to be in class with you. It is so much more enjoyable/bearable with friends. If I don't make it in the school this fall, I'll have to take chemistry and micro. I have a B you know, (in Psychology) back from my first semester at Purdue as an married 19 year old. Couldn't stand for that these days. Might have to take that over too if competition is fierce. I try to tell myself it's in God's hands, but I'm just so excited about becoming a nurse, I want it to happen NOW.
LOL
Post a Comment