I admit I fell behind a bit there. Chemistry just isn't something I enjoy writing about. But it is officially in the past so, after a quick summary, we should be able to move on.
I took my chemistry final on December 19th. I watched my teacher grade it. He was pulling for a 100% because no one had ever gotten perfect scores on all the tests. He got to the last problem and found a significant figure mistake that I should have caught. I ended up with a 99% on the final and a 105% in the class. Mr. Mills even introduced me to the head of the chemistry department (or whatever they call it). She wasn't interested. Whatever. I moved on back in November. Overall, the class went remarkably well and I liked it a lot more than I expected to. I'm really glad I'm done with the Saturday class thing. But I think I will miss the relaxed atmosphere and how easy it was to get the A's.
Next up: Microbiology. I have enrolled and paid for a class that meets on Fridays from 8am to noon. Like Chemistry, half of that is lecture and half is lab. I know this class is going to be harder. There will be a lot more memorization and reading, similar to Anatomy.
The textbook I need is sold for $242.50 new at the bookstore. I bought a new one online for $65. When I'm done I'll probably sell it back to the bookstore for over $100. That's what they get for overcharging people who are in school because they need more money.
My first class meets January 15th. While I'm waiting, I'm studying for my TEAS test (the entrance exam for the nursing program, see previous posts). I'll be taking it next week. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about it. I've got to get as close to perfect as I can or I may go nuts. I think I'll go study now.
Also, a shout out to my good friend Michelle who is now enrolled at Ivy Tech for the Spring. In one year she hopes to also be in the nursing program.
No comments:
Post a Comment