I am taking my TEAS test tomorrow. That's the entrance exam I've mentioned earlier. I will be heading to the Admissions office to pay the whopping $35 and then running to the Workforce Development Center by 9am to start the 3 and half hour test.
I also once mentioned that I was going to get 100 points on this test. I think I need to lower my goals a tad. After studying I see that I have some glaring weaknesses. I should do okay on the reading comprehension part, although I have a tendency to argue with and over-think the given choices. I also think I will do alright on the spelling, but, thanks to spell check, my spelling skills are rusting and I question myself more often. My weakness is vocabulary. There is always one or two words I've never heard of and nothing I can do but guess. It's not something I can study for.
I also think I will do alright on the math, but there's a chance I will run into something I just don't remember how to do and the odds of making at least one mistake are relatively high. As for the science portion, I'm scared out of my mind. The practice tests I have been studying touch on every science class I've ever taken and the questions are very specific and complicated. I'm trying to relearn biology, physics formulas, laws, electricity formulas, ecology, anatomy, chemistry, etc. This is crazy and sort of irrelevant to tell you the truth.
I am confident I will get a good score. I am not confident it will be good enough. I could get all 100 points and it still not be good enough if my overall score (TEAS plus class grades) is not in the top 30 or so applications.
I will let you know how I think I did later this week. Please pray.
No comments:
Post a Comment