Sunday, May 30, 2010

I regret to inform you...

204. That was the lowest score accepted into the program this fall. My 201 just wasn't good enough. That's what I get for having two B's (B+'s). If I had really understood this process earlier, I would have known two B's would keep me out of the program and I would have retaken one of the classes earlier. I guess I need to get out of Regretland and figure out my next step. If I want in to the program in the spring, I need to reapply by September 1. That means any class I want to retake needs to be taken this summer. I had already registered for English 111 just in case I didn't get in. I printed off the syllabus and realized this class I had registered for was more like torture than English. My summer would have been spent entirely at the computer doing one assignment after another, and these were complicated assignments. I've taken a lot of English classes and not one has required this much work. I don't need that so I dropped it and picked up Psychology 101. I would much rather read, study and take tests. Also, I think the subject matter will be vastly more interesting and relevant to my future career. It's all online, of course. If I get an A, that will put my total points at 211.

Now I have all summer to recollect all of the paperwork for my application. I didn't request enough transcripts from USI last time, so I think that will be first on my list. Then I need to get another copy of my TEAS score. The rest should be easy.

I will have the fall semester free to do what I want. So I'm thinking ahead. I know that someday I will want to join USI's bachelors and masters program. They require a certain nutrition class that I did not take while getting my BS there last time. So I may look into a transferable nutrition class at Ivy Tech.

1 comment:

Delia said...

Hello Laura,

First of all, congratulations on making that very important and brave step to go back to school. I am also a wife and mother currently pursuing a career as a registered nurse. So far, I only need one more semester of pre-requisites to qualify for nursing school. It has been very difficult for me to balance out family life and college life. I find not getting enough sleep, little energy and other endless complaints but I it pays off everytime I get my grades in. I look forward to reading your blogs. I also just started a blog about my life as a student and mom. Just in case you want to check it out, here is the link: http://studentmommie.blogspot.com/

Hope to read more of your blogs soon!
-Delia