I officially completed my summer psychology class last Friday. It was all online and relatively easy. I took two open book tests that were very easy but I also had to take two tests at Ivy Tech and write two 5 page papers. I also had to write 14 short topical posts and replies. With two weeks worth of assignments each week, I had to pay attention. What took the most time was reading every chapter. They were long and I fell asleep often. All in all, it was a very good class for summer and great for online. (Not every class is good in the summer due to the speed and a lot of classes don't work online.) I got the A I needed for my extra 10 points. I paid over $400 for those 10 points so they better be worth it.
I have my application for the nursing program all stapled and ready to go. The deadline to turn it in is September 1 but I'm turning mine in tomorrow. Why wait? And in the event of a tie (hasn't happened yet), then the application turned in first gets the nod. The acceptance/rejection letters will be mailed by September 30.
In the meantime, I have a whole semester to kill. I have asked quite a few people what class I should take to not waste the semester. I have every non-nursing class done. I've even printed out the requirements for my masters degree. Because I have my BS from USI already, I am done with all of those non-nursing classes. So I decided to take Medical Terminology to give me a boost for my upcoming nursing classes. This seems to be the recommended class and I since I haven't been in anatomy for over a year, I will need some refreshing of the memory. Also, a lot of the people who will be in the program with me already work in hospitals and know a lot of the terminology. I need all the help I can get. So my class is online and starts August 23. Now I have about 2.5 weeks to enjoy summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment