Friday, October 1, 2010

Here We Go...

Received in the mail yesterday:

"Dear Laura:

Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you that you have been granted acceptance into the Spring 2011 Associates of Science in Nursing (ASN) program at Ivy Tech Community College-Evansville."

My hands were shaking when I opened it, although I could tell it was different than last time because there were extra papers. I felt strongly that my new score was good enough. Yet, I was still afraid of the "what if's", so I was extremely relieved to see that first word. Oddly, I wasn't excited. But I'll go into my "feelings" in a later post. (Like a cliffhanger.)

As for the facts, I have certain conditions I have to take care of in order to get started this January. First, I had to send back a letter saying I accepted their acceptance. I did that this morning. Why wait? Next, I have to attend a 2 hour Nursing Orientation Session. I chose one on October 19. At this meeting I will learn more about my schedule, uniforms, supplies and other paperwork. I also have to submit a Health Statement. I'm not sure what this is yet.

Next I have to attend a day long CPR course. That will most likely be November 12. I think I have to take care of that on my own and then show them some documentation.

I also have to have a criminal history check and drug screen. This will most likely be the easiest test to pass.

Somewhere along the way I suppose I will have to choose a schedule and get some books. I'll need to teach my children how to do all of my housework. I will then say goodbye to all of my friends and family. And then, finally, I will attend a Health Division Orientation on January 5th.

So, here we go.

1 comment: