Phi Theta Kappa is a...well, I'm not sure what it is. I do know that it is for students with good GPA's at two year schools. I guess that's me because they asked me to give them $65 to join them for life. I am way behind in networking since I have spent the last 10 years as a stay-at-home mom. So I gave them the money and went to the induction meeting last night. I felt very weird standing up and repeating a pledge of which I had no previous awareness or chance to consider before making such pledge. I hope I didn't just pledge to give up my first born or anything. I am sure I will get involved in a few of the charity events they do. But right now I just don't know enough about them to say much.
I am getting really excited for my orientation meeting Tuesday. I mailed my acceptance letter on Friday, the 1st. Now I realize I have just rested my entire future in the hands of the postal carrier. I can only hope that Ivy Tech actually got my letter. I am scared I will show up at the meeting and find out that they never heard back from me so they replaced me with the next person. An email confirmation would have been comforting.
I recently met with a friend who has gone though all of this nursing stuff before. I realize better now that this is going to be really difficult. I am going to have to jump through a lot of hoops, some of which will make no sense. I am going to have to accept less than perfect as some of what I will be asked to learn and do in such a short amount of time may be impossible. I may even have to be happy with an occasional B. The saddest thing I learned is that I won't be getting to buy scrubs.
Right now I am waiting in a car beside an expired parking meter in St. Louis, sipping on a bland java chip frappachino. I am waiting on Jason to get done working so we can go to the Bodies Exhibit. I have wanted to see that for years and it finally opened up here this month. I can't take pictures to post so just look at the website. You will understand why I think this is so awesome. I'll post more on it later.
No comments:
Post a Comment