Thursday, November 18, 2010

Almost ready to register

I am almost ready to call for an appointment with my advisor. I successfully passed all of my TB tests and had my final physical exam this morning. All of that paperwork is signed by the doc and ready to go. I've signed all of my other papers (all 2 of them). Last Monday I ordered and paid for a drug test and a background check. On Tuesday I peed in a cup at LabCorp. This was a bit more dramatic than I had anticipated as I showed up with Willow and they wouldn't let her be there. I had to get a babysitter last second (thanks, Kayla) and get back there quickly. Then they locked up my stuff and wouldn't let me wash my hands or flush until they had checked everything. I even had to use the pen to sign my name before I was allowed to wash. That's fine except for the many who had gone before me. Yikes. Today I printed off the results (negative, that's a load off). My criminal history check is still "in process" but all the other parts of my background check are done.

I completed an all day long Professional Rescuer course (last Friday). I'm waiting on the official card for that, but I think in order to register all I need is proof that I took the class. I assume the school will have my card from Red Cross somewhere around the 24th but I hope to be registered for classes on Monday the 22nd...if I can figure out how to prove I was there. If my criminal history is done tomorrow, I will call and make the appointment for Monday. If not, I will just wait longer. Whatever.

I already purchased the pen light, stethoscope tag and scissors. Technically, I purchased the stethoscope, but the order was canceled when the one I ordered was out. I will get back on Amazon for another one soon. The one I want is around $65 on Amazon. I found the same one locally for $160. This is why local businesses go out of business.

I am creating my own office area in the house. I'm feeling a bit crowded mixing my school stuff with the kids' school stuff, bills, mail, crap, junk, and more crap that ends up in piles around my computer. It's in a dark little corner where I can't see the TV while Jason plays Call of Duty. I think having my own school area will be helpful. I may even take a picture of it when I get it organized. I'll need a laptop to make the picture complete. (That's a not so subtle hint for Jason, my personal IT director.)

No comments: