Wow, time flies when you're scared!
Tuesday
I had my very first class in the afternoon: Fundamentals Lab. Our teachers used the word "fun" a lot describing it. But I spent the whole time shivering cold and still sweating nervous. We did a very long but remarkably helpful game to learn everyone's names. Somehow I managed to do it and I'm very thankful for that. I feel like I can approach just about anybody in the group and start a conversation. We practiced washing our hands and dressing/undressing in personal protective gear. We watched some videos and took our first quiz. I over-analyzed two questions but came to the right conclusions and got my first 10 out of 10.
Wednesday
First lecture bright and early: Fundamentals. This class has a surprisingly laid-back atmosphere. I made some more friends and found several people who also have bachelors from USI and want to go back to their RN to MSN program like me. This classroom is also freezing. This class is only 5 weeks long like the lab. I discover that we have tests every Wednesday and our first one is over 10 chapters. The fact that my textbook that I ordered on December 31st has not arrived makes me nervous.
Back to Lab in the afternoon. We watched some very interesting videos where I had to make very sure I did not giggle in certain parts. We practiced bed bathing, putting on compression stockings, and making beds, occupied and unoccupied. I was still nervous, shivering and sweating.
Once home I called the textbook publisher about my missing book. They thought I already had the book even though they never shipped anything. Wow. So they plan to rush the book tomorrow and overnight it. I should get it on Friday.
Thursday
Lecture again. After class I meet with my advisor only to discover I technically have no math credits (my USI credits are too old). I was originally told if I got a 65 on my college algebra compass test I would not have to take math. I got a 99 so I relaxed. Now I have learned that compass does not award credits. It only places you. If I had been told that earlier, I would have taken math before entering the program. I was fuming mad. There is a CLEP test that awards credits so I think I will wait until the summer to prepare a little and then take that test.
Lunch time, no seats available and the food sucks. The bookstore does not have the drug guide I'm supposed to bring to class. I was mad and cold. I fumed a bit to some friends. I don't like being the complainer/drama queen of the group. They caught me while it was still raw. (Sorry about that, friends.)
In the afternoon I have Pharmacology. This class scares me, but sitting in lecture was not too stressful. I had several chapters read since I don't have my other book. We didn't really need the drug guide. Also, the tests are every 2 or 3 weeks since this class lasts all semester. This classroom is also freezing.
Friday
One more lecture of Fundamentals in the morning. We fly through the powerpoints and I'm done for the week. The sun was shining. I had some chick-fil-A. My book arrived and I did some yoga. I think I'll be okay.
1 comment:
Hope you enjoyed it! It just keeps going and going and going from here. ;-)
I have Pharmacology in the morning (I had to drop the class last semester d/t certain reasons), but I was able to continue on with Med Surg II since I passed all of my classes with no trouble.
Hope you did well on the test in Pharmacology today!
Tara
Post a Comment