
I just realized it has been a week since I posted last. Not much new is happening, just another lecture exam this Friday. I don't mind that they are so close together. It means each one covers less material. My exam this Friday only covers two chapters, but they are big chapters. Chapter 7 is bones and chapter 8 is joints. Bones are hard...no pun intended, well maybe a little. Understanding their function isn't nearly as hard as memorizing them. I get the names of the bones. It's just that every nook and cranny and rough patch on the bone has its own name. The skull alone has at least 1000 bones, or maybe 20. The bones of the appendicular skeleton are riddled with things called condyles, epicondyles, tuberosities, trochanters, processes, fossas and so on. Joints have lots of different types and movements and ligaments with funky names and stuff. Fortunately, these tests are not hard. Our teacher makes every effort to let us know what's on the test. We have specific study guides given to us at the beginning of each section and we have lots of in class review. The labs are coordinated with the lecture to reinforce each other. Our textbooks have a website with flashcards, tests and games for each chapter. I also do the chapter review questions in the text. The test itself is mostly multiple choice, where 5 answers are paired with 5 questions so each answer gets used. A good guesser could pass. There's even 5 bonus questions. So I'm confused as to why the average score on the last exam was 78%. Best not to think about it too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment