Monday, January 26, 2009

Optimism anyone?

After the second day of class I am starting to feel even more optimistic. I really like the new teacher. She stayed to chat with the "four" after class again. The "four" is this group of women that were somehow drawn together last semester and ended up together this semester. We sit together in the labs now and are (and were last semester) the last four to leave every week. This week after talking to Dr. Murphy for awhile we ended up talking in the hallway for a half an hour. As it turns out we are all Christians, or more specifically, we believe that Jesus is the Son of God and through him we each have a real relationship with an otherwise unattainable God. My question now is, did God bring us together for a purpose or were we just drawn to each other because we are different? I think both, somehow. I enjoy seeing these women each week and they are all smart and hard-working. What's so great about that is that we help each other and seem to make each other better. Also, we can trust each other. I know none of them would cheat, quit, etc. They each sincerely care about learning everything they can in this short time we have. I have also discovered that some people in the class do read the textbook. For some reason that makes me feel better.

I have a new found hope in the future of nursing.

1 comment:

Terri Smith said...

Awww, thanks! I agree 100% (Clepto) Luv ya! Terri