Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Little Vacation

I just realized how long it has been since I last posted. Not much happened at my last class. We took our test the week before so we got that back and had some new lecture. "Laura 125" returned, at least that's what Jason calls me when I get 125 out of 120 on my lecture exams. I also got 8 out of 5 on the lab quiz somehow. I wasn't prepared for that one, she just asked the right questions.

In the lab we were working on the senses. In one experiment we had lab partners who at one point had to touch some pointy things to our calves which meant I had to pull up the leg of my jeans for him. Thank God I shaved the day before (because that doesn't always happen). That was almost as a big a relief as getting the A on the test. So that was my highlight of the otherwise bland day.

Even though I only have class on Friday, I felt like I had the whole week off for Thanksgiving because I didn't have to spend a minute studying or even thinking about the class. So for my week off I painted our hallway. It was the last piece to connect the painted entryway and the painted bedrooms. That part of the house feels much more complete to me now without all the ugly brown trim.

Thanksgiving was good, not much to write about.

This week I am back to my studying. I finished reading chapter 11 but I think I wasted my time, as I don't think it will be on the test other than the comprehensive part of the final. So I'm on to the last chapter of the semester and it is an interesting one about the senses. I learned about synesthesia where the nerves in some peoples brains send signals to the wrong places so they associate unusual things like numbers have colors and music has smells and such. I think that's cool.

So I have two more lectures and then the final on the 19th (half chapter 12, half comprehensive). I have one more lab and then the final lab practical on the 12th.

No comments: