Jason couldn't bring me lunch Friday because he was with Abby. My plan was to memorize this worksheet on cranial nerves and eat in the food area/place (I don't remember what they call it). As we were walking out, my friend Terri asked me about Jason and when I explained it she asked if I wanted to go get something with her. We ended up across the street at Los Bravos. It was great. Casually going out to eat with a friend and no kids is a dream of many a stay-at-home mom. Unfortunately the service was slower than usual (food just as awesome as usual) and when we walked out it was 11:47. Lab begin at 12 with a lab quiz. So we had to hurry back, cross a busy 1st avenue, go to the far side of the parking lot and get our bags and then get back to the other side of the building and up three flights of stairs before 12. We hurried up the last few stairs and around the corner and found all of our class still sitting in the hallway. Funny.
That worksheet I needed to study ended up not being on the quiz anyway. I got 8 out of 5. (Jason questions the math at Ivy Tech.) We had the opportunity to dissect a sheep brain if we wanted to. Well, yeah. That's why I'm here. All we really had to do was a mid-sagittal cut (down the middle, front to back).
Somehow I screwed that up. I couldn't recognize much. It looked like I had cut it with a hammer. Fortunately, a girl at our table named Jenny had pretty brains and we studied hers (her sheep brains). Maybe I should reconsider my idea of doing surgery.
No comments:
Post a Comment