I took it easy last week and paid the price. I got over confident and spent a lot less time studying and lot more time being distracted. I had a big lab practical Friday with lots of labeling. Every time I looked through my books leading up to Friday I thought I had it so I quit studying. I didn't draw anything. I didn't write much down. I didn't even sit at the table quietly the entire week. I sat at the desk with one eye on the book and one eye on the computer. I thought that was plenty because I'm smart and this class is easy (blah blah blah). I promised myself in the beginning of the class that 12:30-2 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays is for this class and nothing else, not even restarting the dryer. I totally blew that promise this week.
Then I got to the lab and started to forget things. There was one muscle I completely missed in all my "studying" and it made it onto the practical. I just wasn't sure of my answers on several. I don't know what I missed yet, but according to the website I missed three. That may not sound terrible, but I could have done better and, if you read the first paragraph, you understand why I should be a little mad at myself.
So this week, I am back to the basics. I don't have a test until November 21st, but I have two big chapters to read and understand. So I am going to try to focus. The problem is that I hit a sort of wall yesterday. After being lazy and still getting a 99%, it's difficult to go back to the effort I was putting in before. And this chapter is tough. I'm back to that ATP crap and how muscles work. It's more in depth than anything I've learned about muscles before and it's boring to me. For the first time this semester I sat down and began whining, "I don't want to read. I don't want to have homework. I don't feel like learning anything right now." I lost my momentum and it's going to be tough to build it back up again. I've got to set some rules. I'm back at the table. I turn the computer off complete before I take Luke to school so I won't be tempted. I try to ignore Willow and not let her sit on my lap. No other work is to be done during that time. I will answer the questions in the text and try to understand it as I go, not just read it to get done.
I'll let you know how I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment