Nothing much new in class. We learned about the fetal cardiovascular system. It makes sense that it would be different. Our blood is routed through our lungs to pick up oxygen. Babies not yet born do not have oxygen in their lungs. They get it from their moms through the placenta and umbilical cord. So they have some extra veins and openings that we don't keep after birth. It was pretty cool.
One big event of the day is an answer to a big question. After anatomy 101 and 102, I have two more science classes that I need to take. I could technically start the school of nursing this fall but I'm intentionally slowing myself down since I want a little extra time with Willow. Actually, I'm just adding a semester so it's not much. But I want to get both of the science classes done before I start nursing. I have been thinking a lot about which one to take this summer and which to take in the fall. The summer class would last the entire summer from the first week of June to the first week of August and would meet two days a week for 4 hours a day. That was really bothering me because I want to spend lots of time with the kids this summer. I feel like the clock is ticking. Abby is getting so old so fast. Luke will be in school all day from the fall until he moves out as a grown up. That's crazy. Soon I will be in school all week and then working 36 hours a week. I want to savor our last few summers together. That class would take up a lot of my time and my focus.
I talked to some friends (the four) at school and looked through an old schedule and I discovered the answer. One of the classes, intro to chemistry, is a hybrid class that only meets the last 8 weeks of the semester; but it's a lot crammed in. That's funny. I thought that's what it would be during the summer. If I can do that in the fall, that would be much better. I can take both the microbiology and the hybrid chemistry at the same time and only be doubled up the last half. I think I can handle that, especially since the last half is when it's cold and yucky outside and Luke will be in school. I'll have plenty of time. It all makes perfect sense now and I'm so glad to have that big question off of my shoulders.
That frees up my summer also to get prepared for my TEAS test. I think I spelled that right. It's a test I need to take to get into the school of nursing. I'll write more about that when it gets closer. I'll also have some time to paint some rooms in my house and take the kids to Holiday World. Now, If I could just get through the rest of the winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment