Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Fork in the Tunnel

I had finally figured it out. I had lots of interest but I needed one that I could commit to the rest of my life (more or less). I had considered real estate but I think the system is terribly flawed. I thought about flipping houses, but I have no start up money and not enough time without the kids to work on them. I used to want to be an architect but it seemed a bit late in the game for that sort of thing. I had once thought about nursing, but...well, there's...hmm. That actually sounded pretty good. In college I hadn't really thought about going from pre-med to nursing. My common sense and strong reasoning abilities had failed me. I should have majored in nursing. Oh, I could kick myself.

I wasn't about to jump in and make the same mistake twice. I wanted to consider this for a little bit. No hurry, really. Luke wasn't even in pre-school. I could finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. Then the tunnel forked. I suddenly had a new and irresistible urge. There was no logic or reasoning behind it. I just had to have it. School? What school? I need a baby now.

It's a good thing it happened immediately because a month later and I would have changed my mind. In fact, I did change my mind a few times and felt terribly guilty every time the thought of school got me a little depressed about being pregnant. It didn't take long, though, to fall in love with this girl. Willow was born August 3, 2007. She is the icing on the cake and completely different than the other two. I cannot imagine life without her.

School could wait. But could I?

No comments: