The Art of Geometry sounds like a lot of fun, but I'd rather skip it. The same goes for Concepts in Mathematics. Hoping that I don't sound too braggy, I really think that either class would be a cake walk...a $400 cake walk that lasts all day, once a week for a whole semester. If I have the chance to test out of them, I'm going to do whatever it takes to make sure that happens.
I have done over 250 math and algebra problems in the last two days. Jason brought me two CLEP test practice books. There are three practice tests with 60 questions to be done in 90 minutes. The first book had some review info that really helped. I timed myself taking that first one and only missed 6, but I barely finished. Most of those were careless mistakes. Last night I took a test from the second book. It was harder. I missed 10 and it took a lot longer than 90 minutes. There were things on that test that I didn't remember seeing before. Fortunately, there are a lot of things that are coming back to me, slowly. I'm still making careless mistakes, though. All of this practicing will hopefully reduce that. Even so, I don't think I will be taking the CLEP. It's kind of hard.
My other option is the free compass test administered directly by Ivy Tech. Jason found a website with lots of practice questions. I have done about half of them and they are ridiculously easy. This makes me nervous. I don't want to choose the compass only to find that the questions are a lot harder than the ones on the website and that I'm no where near prepared. Hopefully my CLEP practicing will help me with the compass.
Once I have done all the questions I can get my hands on, I will try to take the test immediately while they are still fresh in my mind. This may be overkill but I think it is worth it. The math section of my brain was filled with sludge and cobwebs. I'm doing some much needed brain cleaning. And if I don't pass, it must mean that I need to take the class. I would prefer to be a smart nurse a semester later than a dumb one a semester sooner.
Here are some examples (many examples have symbols I can't type on a normal keyboard):
3)If f(x)=x^2 - 3x, then f(x-1)-1=
8) Which of the following is a factor of 2x^3 - x^2 + 3x -4?
A) x+1
B) x+2
C) x-1
D) x-2
53) Josh is 5 years older than Sam. Three years ago, Josh was twice as old as Sam. How old is Sam now?
I'll be doing my math homework today if anyone needs me.
No comments:
Post a Comment